Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Excitement



I love Chicago (CHI-CA-GO).  As I leave the interview, I feel a 

                     f    t
                 i            e
weight   l                d    off my shoulders.  I can BREATHE~ 


In a town so alive it reminds me of my trip to FRANCE where strolling the streets, people watching and baguette eating was acceptable.  Here I rush from place TO place with no time for s-t-r-o-l-l-i-n-g, only fast-paced walking.  The thrill of cold air, no longer burns my nostrils; my body is warm and full of excitement.


I feel planted in this city with connections to everything I touch without experiences of the past creeping in to make their mark like Deleuze and Guattari’s A Thousand Plateaus “Introduction Rhizome”, “We will never ask what a book [or feeling] means.  We will ask what it functions with, in connection with other things it does or does not transmit intensities…” I can connect with this town and leave the past behind me, making a web of new experiences, touching every edge of this place.


This is of the new.  I have a new voice, and a new style.  Hopefully I get a call back.  Hopefully I can embark on this journey to make this a permanent HOME. 


I breathe in, my thoughts travel back to childhood, “Read it again,” I would always exclaim right before bedtime, and by the second go around, I was asleep.  Today is like that.  I want to look over it again, but I’m afraid that if I do, I will miss the new experiences right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment